The all new Gemini 2-1.2K is a solid state 1200W CW output Linear Amplifier for 144-148Mhz.
The Gemini 2-1.2K has been designed from the start with high duty cycle usage in mind. The core of the amplifier is dominated by a 7.5Kg aluminium heatsink cooled by three temperature controlled fans. In testing we have left it sat on the bench at 1kW output continuously for 30 minutes plus without reaching thermal cutout temperatures so it is ideal for dedicated EME / MS / FSK / JT mode users and contesters.
The Integral Power Supply units will accept 100-260V Mains Input so the unit can be used worldwide without any modifications.
- Max output 1200W 144-148Mhz
- P1dB 1000W output
- Spurious outputs <60dB wrt 1000W
- Input R/L >15dB
- Drive levels 2.5-25W specified at purchase
- Built in sequencer and Bias T feed for masthead preamplifiers
- Protection for Overdrive/SWR/Over Temperature
- RX Insertion Loss <0.1dB
- Overall efficiency at 1kW output >70%.
- RF output meter
- RF Device 1 x BLF188XR LDMOS
- Power requirements 100-260V 50-60Hz
- Dimensions 315mm wide x 180mm high x 360mm deep
- Weight 14,5Kg
- Made in the UK.
The Gemini 2-1200 is really quiet in operation. Changeover relays are quiet. Fans only run when they need to and are controlled by our own PIC fan controller giving stepless speed control proportional to temperature.